Share our differentiated positioning method
Today, based on our team's own project experience, we would like to share some ideas about our differentiated positioning. Before sharing, let's take a look at a case list. After we disassembled the case list, we found that their product ideas are more consistent with ours. The case list disassembly also helps us better understand our differentiated positioning methods:
Recently, when I refreshed the list of new products, I found that the review of the first product had not grown rapidly after it had been on the market for two months, but the BSR ranking had risen steadily. I was curious about how they succeeded, so I decided to study their positioning.
The first step is to analyze the competitive product positioning, understand the basic product attributes of the category, and understand the differences between competitive products.
(1) Analyze the main nodes of competitive products through the keyword search results, and collect the competitive products of the same category with the top 10 sales volume through the BSR sorting of nodes
Mainstream node: Toy Foam BlasterS etshttps://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/toys-and-games/23602268011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_toys -and-games
(2) Through keyword ranking+category BSR ranking, we can find the competitive products of the same category sorted by TOP10, and summarize and eliminate duplication with the ASIN of the sales volume of the sub category TOP10. The purpose of this is to prevent some competitive products with good sales volume but poor core keyword ranking (indicating that they may have differentiated traffic) from forming a core ASIN group. It is generally meaningful to analyze 10-15 ASINs.
Core ASIN group: B08XHSCP2M B087FCMPWW B087N8Q8QG B08V18922X B08HZF6V5X B087CWWLYM B08R64RX18 B093KMSXH3 B07WF2C3QZ B09BYZKYWN B097PPCSQK B08FJ2Q2PM
(3) Analyze the basic parameters of core ASIN group products
(4) For competitive product analysis, we will refer to the following dimensions:
l Through five points of analysis, we have a clear understanding of the core functions, users, core scenarios, and selling points of the product
l Through price analysis, we can roughly understand the market competition and price band
l Understand the cost structure of the product through the size information delivery fee
l Understand whether there is monopoly through the analysis of the brand and the brand owner
l Understand the maturity of the market through review and time to market analysis
(5) Through the analysis in this part, I found that this competitive product has several differences:
l There are two differences in their five point positioning: the first is to highlight the dinosaur theme, and the second is to highlight the educational significance of the product
l Their toy bullets are of two types, and the others are only foam balls
Step 2: We analyze the source of their keyword traffic through the keyword backcheck of the core ASIN group
（1）Yellow is the main flow source of these core ASINs, which can be obtained from two aspects:
l Keyword ranking (natural ranking represents the order quantity and conversion rate of keywords)
l Keyword search popularity (search popularity represents traffic volume)
（2）From the perspective of keywords, we find that the traffic of this product comes from words related to the roots of toys of the same type as those of other competitors. A large part of their traffic comes from words related to the roots of dinosaur.
(3) We can see from ABA data (brand analysis) that the search of this core word is very hot and stable all year round, which shows that the market demand for dinosaur themed products is relatively high, proving that the traffic of this keyword is valuable.
Step 3: Analysis of traffic structure
(1) We analyze their traffic sources through the three competitive products ASIN and research objects in the head. Their market share is high, and they can basically represent the traffic structure of the whole category.
（Data source: seller wizard）
(2) From the data, we can clearly see that the main traffic source of this type of product is keyword traffic, and there are few associated traffic entries. Next, we will analyze the number of traffic entries in the first three pages of the keyword of the ASIN group.
(3) Through the analysis of traffic structure, the data of keyword word capacity, and the data of keyword backcheck, we can roughly draw a conclusion:
l The traffic structure of this category is dominated by keyword search traffic
l There are many keywords in this category. There is no core keyword of traffic monopoly, and it belongs to the category with multiple keywords
l For multi keyword categories, we need to further distinguish traffic sources through word frequency analysis
(4) By analyzing the word frequency of each ASIN keyword, we can refine the root word attribute and understand the keyword attribute of the category. Because the root word determines the user's search needs, it can be used as the direction of keyword expansion and product feature positioning.
（Data source: seller wizard）
(5) The keyword attributes of the three ASINs in the head are basically the same, but many of our research objects' keywords are dinosaur phrases. Their keyword traffic positioning is the keyword dominated by dinosaur, which is differentiated from the traffic of other competitors.
Ok, this is based on the analysis in the first part. From the perspective of traffic and keywords, we will analyze the traffic differential positioning of competing products. Next, we will analyze the listing of competing products.
(1) Through the window map, we can analyze:
l In terms of product positioning, the dinosaur theme is very obvious. They optimized the product shape according to the keyword positioning
l From the choice of shooting map, it is also a dinosaur theme
l In shooting bullets, another type of game that is popular in the market is combined to meet customers' more choices
(2) Title: Dinoera Dinosaur Toys for 5 6 7 8 9 10+Year Old Boys - 2 in 1 Shooting Game Dinosaur Toys for Kids 5-7 | 2pk Foam Ball Popper Air Gun Set Compatible with Nerf Toys Christmas Birthday Gifts Boys Girls
The keyword layout of the title is very complete and clear. A section of title basically contains all the core words:
Ø Dinosaur Toys
Ø Toys for 5 6 7 8 9 10+ Year Old Boys
Ø Dinosaur Toys for Kids
Ø Christmas Gifts
<img src="https://biz-crm-waimao.su.bcebos.com/biz-crm-waimao/maichongxing/history/online/article/img/2022/02/15/9b424d66e03d153b4810d612919648a70941c9bf.png" style="max-width:100%;" contenteditable="false" alt="Cross border E-commerce Logistics Long Text (Chinese) | How to fin <footer>The content of the article is created by the author, and the author is responsible for the authenticity, accuracy and legality of the content. Overseadia advocates respecting and protecting intellectual property rights. Without the permission of the author and/or this website, the content of this website may not be copied, reproduced, or used in other ways. If you find that there are copyright issues in the articles on this site, please contact email@example.com, and we will verify and deal with them in time. Source of the article: egainnews, this article is the author's independent point of view, and does not represent the position of overseadia.</footer>